Production of the third season began on September 7, 2021, and is expected to conclude on April 19, 2022. 
- A second crossover with the original series has been confirmed to happen sometime in 2022.  The crossover will last two hours.
- A storyline continuing off the revelations of "Dust to Dust", and how the 126 crew will "not take no for an answer". 
- An "Owen Begins" episode showing the time Owen was going through 9/11.
- The natural disaster of the premiere will most likely be a winter storm.
- Season 3 will pick up not long after season 2.
- The first two episodes will be a part of a two hour premiere. It will be heavily TK-focused.
- Gwyn Morgan and Tim Rosewater will be coming back for at least one episode.  
- Rob Lowe as Owen Strand
- Gina Torres as Tommy Vega
- Ronen Rubinstein as TK Strand
- Sierra McClain as Grace Ryder
- Jim Parrack as Judd Ryder
- Natacha Karam as Marjan Marwani
- Brian Michael Smith as Paul Strickland
- Rafael Silva as Carlos Reyes
- Julian Works as Mateo Chavez
- Brianna Baker as Nancy Gillian
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Airdate||Viewers (million)|
|1||"The Big Chill"||Bradley Buecker||Rashad Raisani & Tim Minear||January 3rd, 2022|
Behind the Scenes
- On May 25, 2021 it was announced Brianna Baker, who portrays paramedic Nancy Gillian, would be upgraded to the main cast for this season.